Every UNC Asheville student is ready for what’s next.
For fall 2020, the Career Center will have limited availability during business hours in 224 Highsmith; most of our work connecting students with what’s next will be done remotely. Appointments are via Google Meet and drop-ins via Zoom. Appointments can be made on Handshake and confirmation will include instructions on how to access Google Meet. If you have any questions or want to email us to set up your appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hours with Career Peers:
- Monday-Friday: 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. available virtually via Zoom here
- One-on-one coaching appointments with professional staff
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Coach in Handshake
- Topics can include major/minor exploration, career exploration, job/internship search, graduate school search, resume/cover letter, networking, salary negotiation, and more!
As the world of work has shifted online, the Career Center has developed guides for remote internships.
- Students and faculty: Find our best practices for remote internships here.
- Employers: Learn how to plan a remote internship.
Use the Career Center blog to stay up to date on who’s hiring right now and best practices for job searching during a pandemic.
Classroom Integration and Workshops
The Career Center collaborates with faculty across campus to bring career development into the classroom. We provide informative and engaging workshops for students, which focus on identity development, self-reflection, meaningful decision-making, and goal-setting, along with traditional career topics (resumes, cover letters, personal statements, job search, etc.). Student organizations can also request presentations and visits from Career Center professionals. Request a presentation here.
Upcoming Events and Connections
The Career Center regularly brings employers to campus to connect with UNC Asheville students through large events like NextFest and smaller events including tabling. Students can view our events in Handshake and below. Employers who would like to visit campus can visit the employer page for details. Alumni who have set up an alumni email address can access all Career Center services and events.