Finish your degree faster and enjoy summertime in the mountains with our summer 2020 term options:
- Catch up in your major or complete your Liberal Arts Core requirements. Each Humanities level is offered throughout the summer!
- Smaller class sizes create opportunities to work closely with your professors.
- Take classes on special topics that aren’t always offered in fall and spring semesters.
- Students from other UNC System institutions can take advantage of transferable courses.
Summer 2020 Terms
Option 1: Maymester – Monday, May 11 to Friday, June 5 (Four weeks)
Following spring exams, students can choose from over a dozen courses and earn class credit in this three-week mini-semester. Students are limited to one class during this period, as classes will be rigorous and will meet daily. This is an excellent option to catch up on credit hours and still keep the rest of your summer open for work or internships!
Term III is perfect for STEM majors, and includes classes in Chemistry and Math.
*Please note the dates for Maymester and the summer sessions have been updated as of April 3, 2020
New! Online Courses
Several online courses that fulfill Liberal Arts Core requirements will be offered during Term I and Term II.
- ARTS 310 – Visual Culture (fulfills the Arts & Ideas requirement)
- HWP 295 – Functional Anatomy (fulfills the Lab Science requirement)
- MATH 155 – Nature of Mathematics (fulfills the Quantitative Perspective requirement)
- NM 146 – ARTS: Video Game Studies (fulfills the Arts & Ideas requirement)
- SOC 100 – DI: Intro to Sociology (fulfills the Social Science requirement)
Registration for degree-seeking students starts April 8. Registration for non-degree seeking students starts April 20.
Tuition & Fees
Visit studentaccounts.unca.edu for summer tuition and fees.
Maymester housing will be in The Woods, which have full kitchens. Please note that dining services (including Brown Hall) will not be open during Maymester.
Additional Summer Programs
Please contact email@example.com.