Finish your degree faster with our summer 2020 term options:
- Catch up in your major or complete your Liberal Arts Core requirements. Each Humanities level is offered throughout the summer!
- Smaller class sizes create opportunities to work closely with your professors.
- Take classes on special topics that aren’t always offered in fall and spring semesters.
- Out-of-state students and students from other UNC System institutions can take advantage of transferable courses.
Summer 2020 Terms
Maymester – Monday, May 11 to Friday, June 5 (Four weeks)
Summer Session I: Monday, June 8 to Thursday, July 2 (Four weeks)
Summer Session II: Monday, July 6 to Friday, July 31 (Four weeks)
Summer Session III: Monday, June 8 to Friday, July 17 (Six weeks) – Session III is perfect for STEM majors, and includes classes in Chemistry and Math.
Summer Session IV: Monday, June 8 to Friday, July 31 (Eight weeks)
*Please note the dates for Maymester and the summer sessions have been updated as of April 3, 2020.
All summer courses will be offered online. There are many options, including courses that fulfill Liberal Arts Core requirements as well as major/minor requirements. In-state tuition for online courses is approximately half the cost of tuition for face-to-face courses. Please see the tuition rates listed below.
Courses will be asynchronous, synchronous, or a mix of both:
- Asynchronous (listed on the schedule as “Async” under days and times): Students do not meet with instructors at specified times, although instructors are available to answer questions, monitor online discussions, provide feedback on assignments, and hold virtual office hours. Students complete assignments and course modules independently, within a particular period of time.
- Synchronous/Mixed – Students will “meet” with faculty remotely, via videoconferencing, during some or all of the specific days and times listed on the schedule. In order to participate in synchronous or mixed classes, students must be available to meet during the indicated class times.
Registration for degree-seeking students starts April 8. Registration for non-degree seeking students starts April 20.
Note: Students are not eligible for aid if only registered for Maymester courses. To be eligible for aid, Maymester courses must be in combination with one or more of the other summer sessions.
Tuition & Fees
Summer 2020 tuition and fees are billed per credit hour:
- In-state residents: $157.06 (per credit hour)
- Out-of-state residents: $532.80 (per credit hour)
Visit studentaccounts.unca.edu for payment options and more information.
Please contact email@example.com.