Please join us for this community-wide tradition as we celebrate the accomplishments of our graduates.
All graduates and guests are encouraged to follow UNC Asheville’s Community Expectations. We invite graduates and guests to share their experiences on social media. Tag your posts and photos with #UncAvlGrads and follow the event on UNC Asheville’s Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
View the Live Stream Video
Order of Events
Grad Week Events
Open to the UNC Asheville Community!
View all Grad Week Events
University Honors and Departmental Distinctions Ceremony
- Friday, May 5 at 4:00 p.m. in the Blue Ridge Room
- Friday, May 5 at 5:00 p.m. at Reed Plaza
- Rain Location: Highsmith Student Union
- Commencement will take place on Saturday, May 6
- The ceremony will begin at 10:00 a.m.
- Due to Inclement Weather Plan (see below) the ceremony will take place in the Kimmel Arena
- Graduates must arrive dressed in their cap and gown by 9:00 a.m., in the Student Recreation Center /SRC
Inclement Weather Plan
- CEREMONY: Indoors in Kimmel Arena at 10:00 am
- LINE-UP: Graduates must arrive in the Student Recreation Center /SRC, at 9:00 a.m. dressed in their cap and gown. The processional will begin from the SRC, promptly at 9:40 a.m.
Kimmel Arena Rehearsal Video
Graduates: Do not be late!
- Guest seating will begin at 8:00 a.m. (two hours before the ceremony is scheduled to begin)
Parking for Graduates
There will be reserved parking for all graduates. Graduates: please plan to park on parking lots P9 and P12. Please see the campus map for the location of these parking lots.
UNC Asheville is committed to providing universal access to all of our events. Advance notice is necessary to arrange for accessibility needs.
If you have any questions about access, or to request reasonable accommodations that will facilitate your full participation in Commencement, please contact Silvia Meyer by phone at (828) 337-1778. Text Silvia with your name if you don’t reach her by phone, and she will get back to you as soon as possible.
Additional details and other important information will be shared with graduates via email throughout the Fall semester. If you have any questions about the Commencement ceremony, please email email@example.com.