Please join us for this community-wide tradition as we celebrate the accomplishments of our graduates.
All graduates and guests are encouraged to follow UNC Asheville’s Community Expectations. We invite graduates and guests to share their experiences on social media. Tag your posts and photos with #UncAvlGrads and follow the event on UNC Asheville’s Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Order of Events
Cap & Gown Celebration
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 10, 2022, in Highsmith Student Union, Haggard Student Life Porch
- At this celebration, graduates will be able to pick up their cap and gown, order announcements and class rings, and verify the pronunciation of their names.
- 8:30 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 9, 2022, in the Student Recreation Center
- Graduates are cordially invited to attend this special breakfast honoring the Class of 2023.
- Departmental Distinctions and University Honors will be announced.
- The Commencement Rehearsal will begin in Kimmel Arena after the breakfast concludes.
- Graduates must arrive dressed in their cap and gown by 3 p.m. in Student Recreation Center (SRC)
- Ceremony begins at 4 p.m. in Wilma M. Sherrill Center
- In the event of severe weather, ceremony information will be posted online by 6:30 a.m. on Dec. 9. Visit bulldogalert.unca.edu for the most up-to-date information.
- Guest Tickets are not required. Graduates may invite as many guests as they wish to the December 2022 Commencement.
- Guest seating will begin at 3 p.m. (one hour before the ceremony is scheduled to begin)
Additional details and other important information will be shared with graduates via email throughout the Fall semester. If you have any questions about the Commencement ceremony, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.