- 206 Zeis Hall
Christopher Oakley is an animator, screenwriter and director with over 25 years of experience in the film, television, commercial and game industries. After several years working as a stop motion animator and director Christopher was recruited by Walt Disney Feature Animation where he spent four years on their pioneering computer-generated film "Dinosaur." Since then he has worked on films for such companies as DreamWorks and Rhythm & Hues. He also spent several years directing animation for EA Games. Most recently Christopher provided animation for Madonna's "Sticky and Sweet" world tour.
Christopher is also a fine artist who is working on a series of 40 - 60 painted portraits called "Faces of Change."
Christopher received his BFA in Theatre from Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin and his MFA in Film from Columbia University in New York City. Christopher teaches all levels of the animation department in the department of New Media at UNC Asheville.
- MFA, Columbia University, Film
- BFA, Lawrence University, Theater
- NM101 Digital Design Principles
- NM151 Introduction to Motion Media
- NM179 From Flips Books to Final Cut
- NM310 Intermediate Computer Animation
- NM273 Special Topics in MMAS
- NM410 Advanced Animation Techniques