Your education is a big investment, and UNC Asheville offers a broad program of financial aid to make it as affordable as possible. Consistently named a Best Buy or Best Value by The Princeton Review and Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine, we enjoy working one-on-one with students and families to make the most of your financial aid options. Learn more about the financial aid we offer and how to apply.
Visit studentaccounts.unca.edu for more information.
Summer 2020 Tuition & Fees
The summer 2020 tuition and fees are billed per credit hour:
- In-state: $157.06 (per credit hour)
- Out-of-state: $532.80 (per credit hour)
2020-21 Annual Direct Cost
The annual direct cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, housing and dining services for the 2020-21 academic year:
- In-state: $17,194
- Out-of-state: $34,542
2020-21 Annual Direct & Indirect Cost
The annual indirect cost of attendance includes direct cost plus estimates for books and supplies, transportation, and miscellaneous expenses for the 2020-21 academic year:
- In-state: $20,858
- Out-of-state: $39,306
Financial aid awards are based on the budgeted cost of attendance to maximize affordability.
2020-21 Tuition & Fees Per Semester Breakdown
|Credit Hours per Semester||In-State Residents||Out-of-State Residents|
|12+ (full time)||$3,621.75||$12,295.75|
Note: Tuition rates are subject to change by the General Assembly.
Fixed Tuition Program
Incoming UNC Asheville in-state undergraduate degree-seeking students are eligible for the same tuition rate for eight continuous enrollment semesters. Incoming transfer students are eligible for the same tuition rate for eight continuous enrollment semesters, less the number of equivalent transfer semesters. Required fees are not included in the tuition rate and may increase annually. Learn more about North Carolina's Fixed Tuition Program.
Engineering Enhancement Fee
For information about the Engineering Enhancement fee, visit engineering.unca.edu.
2020-2021 Graduate & Distance Learning Costs
2020-21 Residence Hall & Meal Plan Charges
Please note all first-time freshmen are required to live on campus their first academic year, or if coming in as a new student for spring semester, the entire spring semester. The live-on requirement also applies students who were early/middle-college attendees.
|Room & Board Options||Cost|
|Resident Meal Plan||$2,170.00 per semester (For details, visit the Dining website)|
|Standard Double - Founders Hall, Governors Hall, Mills Hall, South & West Ridge Halls||$2,805.00 per semester|
|Double - Ponder Hall||$2,884.00 per semester|
|Double - The Woods*||$3,796.00 per semester|
|Single - Governors Hall/Village||$3,569.00 per semester|
|Single - Ponder Hall||$3,675.00 per semester|
|Single - The Woods*||$4,273.00 per semester|
|Year Round - The Woods (Double)*||$4,849.00 per semester|
|Year Round - The Woods (Single)*||$5,459.00 per semester|
Residential Meal Plan Options for Fall 2020 (includes 7% sales tax)
- 21 Meals + $75.00: Enjoy 21 meals per week and $75 in Declining Balance. Of the 21 meals, 10 can be used as a Meal Equivalency at a retail location.
- 14 Meals + $200.00: Enjoy 14 meals per week and $200 in Declining Balance. Of the 14 meals, 7 can be used as a Meal Equivalency at a retail location.
- 10 Meals + $400.00: Enjoy 10 meals per week and $400 in Declining Balance. Of the 10 meals, 5 can be used as a Meal Equivalency at a retail location.
- 7 Meals + $600.00: Enjoy 7 meals per week and $600 in Declining Balance. Of the 7 meals, 4 can be used as a Meal Equivalency at a retail location.
- 200 Meals + $300.00: Enjoy 200 meals per semester and $300 in Declining Balance. Of the 200 meals, 50 can be used as a Meal Equivalency at a retail location. These 200 meals can be used at anytime during the semester.
For more information about meal plans, visit Dining Services.
*Residents of The Woods are not required to have a meal plan; however, Special Block Plans are available (includes 7% sales tax):
- Block 150: $1,235.85
- Block 100: $843.16
- Block 75: $636.65
- Block 40: $343.47
- Block 20: $192.60