Are you headed along the right path to your dream career? Like any adventure, your career journey is certain to be much more exciting and satisfying if you have a destination in mind. When you are focused and know your strengths and interests, you can target the industries, organizations and positions that fit you best. Students can consult our Career Action Plan to guide them their career exploration.
What Can I Do with This Major?
Trying to decide what to major in at UNC Asheville? Looking for some general ideas about how our majors connect with career possibilities? Visit the “What Can I Do With This Major?” website to help you get started.
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Counselor for one-on-one assistance.
- Make an appointment with your academic advisor.
- NC Tower provides graphs and tables of in-depth information on employment rates, wages and ongoing higher education enrollments of graduates from the North Carolina Community College System and from the University of North Carolina system schools. NC Tower includes data on former UNC students who are working in roughly 90% of all jobs in North Carolina. NOTE: The database EXCLUDES information for graduated who are:
- Self Employed
- Work for the federal government, including the military
- Work outside of North Carolina
Alumni Career Stories
Visit our blog to see where UNC Asheville alumni are now, or check out the videos below.
Find out how UNC Asheville alumni put their liberal arts education to work!
Stephanie Rerych ’12 – Employment Recruiting Specialist, Goodwill Industries
Leah Shapiro ’11 – Editor, Laurel of Asheville
Louise Genetti ’10 – Talent Acquisition Consultant, Mission Health
Logan Kelly ’11 – Multimedia Manager, Moog Studio
Charlie Goldberg ’12 – Multimedia Designer, Moog Studio