Required Hiring Documents
- Student Employment Agreement
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification (virtual) with Supporting Documentation (Note: You must bring the original document in-person to finalize this form.)
- Important Note: For the online form, you will fill out Page 1 and then click ‘Next’ through the following 3 pages. You won’t be able to click in and fill in anything on those pages. After you complete the first page and click through, you’ll be able to click ‘Submit.’ You will need to visit Human Resources in Phillips with the supporting documentation (see link above) to complete the I-9 process.
- W-4 Federal Tax Form (print, complete, and submit to HR)
- NC-4 EZ State Tax Form OR NC-4 State Tax Form (print, complete, and submit to HR)
- Direct Deposit Enrollment and Change Form (print, complete, and submit to HR) with Voided Check or Bank Form showing Routing and Checking Account Numbers
- Study in the States – Working in the United States
- F-1 Student On-Campus webpage
- Checklist for Social Security Number Application
- SS-5 Form
- Social Security website
- Social Security Administration Office: 866-572-8361
Payroll – Timekeeping
- Bi-Weekly Payroll Calendar
- Video: How to Submit Your Timesheet
- Late Timesheet Form
- Video: How to Access and Complete the Late Timesheet (Coming Summer 2022)
Student Employee Resources
- Resume Guide
- Cover Letter Guide
- Interview Guide
- Interview Question Practice Sheet
- Have your documents reviewed and practice interviewing.
- Information on Required Student Employee Training – Coming soon!
- Job Posting Template + Example
- How to Post a Job on Handshake
- Interview Guide + Rubric – Coming soon!
- Student Employee Accountability Guide – Coming soon!
- Information on Required Supervisor Training – Coming soon!
- SEG: Student Employment Grant (combines FWS + SEF processes)
- FWS: Federal Work Study
- SEF: Student Employment Fund
- SEA: Student Employment Agreement
- SSN: Social Security Number
If a) the funding source for a position changes, b) student graduates, is academically suspended, or takes a leave of absence before their contract end date, or c) a student’s position is terminated prior to the contract end date, the supervisor must complete the Student Employment Change Form. (URL will be added in Summer 2022)