- 239 Whitesides Hall
- Monday 9:00 am - 10:00 am
- Tuesday 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Thursday 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- B.A. & M.A. - San Jose State University
- Ph.D. - University of Minnestota with a minor in Feminist Studies through the Center for Advanced Feminist Studies.
- HUM 124 The Ancient World
- PHIL 200 Introduction to Ethical Theory
- PHIL 250 Ancient Philosophy
- PHIL 302 Philosophy of Sex and Gender
- PHIL 365 Feminist Theory
- PHIL 379 LSIC War and Peace
- PHIL 379 Sex and Violence
- PHIL 402 Senior Research Seminar
This faculty member teaches in UNC Asheville's Humanities Program.
Professor Burchard's areas of focus in teaching and research include theoretical and applied ethics, social and political philosophy, and feminist theory. Specific research projects have recently included inquiry into the ethics of television's programming for children, including representations of diversity in such programming, inquiry into the meaning of violence and the connections between violence and rationality, and the use of the concept of perversion in the construction of identity.