- 112 Whitesides Hall
- Friday 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Lise Kloeppel joined the UNC Asheville Drama Department in 2008, where she’s been actively involved with TheatreUNCA as an actress (Urinetown) and director (The Trestle at Pope Lick Creek). She has experience in a variety of educational and community settings as a public school teacher, teaching artist, administrator, and community-based artist. She has worked with a number of arts, youth development, and community-based organizations, such as Arizona Arts Commission, Childsplay Theater for Young Audiences (Tempe, AZ), Steppenwolf Theater Company (Chicago), QSpeak Youth Theater (Phoenix), Arizona Call-A-Teen Youth Resources, Inc. (Phoenix), Tumbleweed Center for Youth Development (Phoenix), Veterans Restoration Quarters and Transitional Housing (Asheville), and Just Home in the Mountains Community Performance Project, sponsored by Homeward Bound of Asheville. She serves as the advisor for Alpha Psi Omega, a national theater honor society.
- M.F.A. Theatre with an emphasis in Theater for Youth - Arizona State University
- B.S. in Secondary Education emphasis in Speech & Theatre Education - Southwest Missouri State University
- NC K-12 Theatre Arts Professional Educator’s Licensure
With a background in popular education (Freire) and theater of the oppressed (Boal) philosophy and practices, I use theater and the arts as an educational and community-building tool for people from all different ages, experiences, and backgrounds to find new ways of actively engaging in the world around them. I am interested in the role artists play in society and how we can use our tools of transformation to create a more just, peaceful, and connected world.
- DRAM 111 Acting I
- DRAM 179 Performing Self & Other
- DRAM 317 Creative Drama for Teachers, K-6
- DRAM 380 Methods of Teaching Theater 6-12
- DRAM 462 Directing II
- EDUC 455 Student Teaching and Seminar
- ARTS 310 Arts & Community Development
- DRAM 499 UGR Ritual & Community-Based Performance, UGR Community-Based Performance from Theory to practice