- Monday 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Wednesday 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Dr. Moorhead teaches soils, wetland ecology, environmental planning, and environmental restoration. His research interests include plant/soil relationships, wetland restoration, and biogeochemical cycling in wetlands.
- B.A. Warren Wilson College
- M.S. Ohio State University
- Ph.D. University of Florida
- ENVR 130 Introduction to Environmental Science
- ENVR 234 Energy and Society
- ENVR 330 Seminar in Environmental Issues
- ENVR 341 Wetland Ecology
- ENVR 358 Agriculture
- ENVR 360 Environmental Restoration
- ENVR 383 Environmental Planning
- ENVR 385 Soils
- HON 179 Technology and the Environment
- HON 179 Agriculture and the Environment
- ENVR 490 Internship
- Warren, R.J. II, I.M. Rossell, K.K. Moorhead, & J. Dan Pittillo. . "The influence of woody encroachment upon herbaceous vegetation in a southern Appalachian wetland complex." AMERICAN MIDLAND NATURALIST 157:39-51.
- Van Engelen, D.L., R.C. Sharpe-Pedler, & K.K. Moorhead. . "Effect of chelating agents and solubility of cadmium complexes on uptake from soil by Brassicajuncea." CHEMOSPHERE 68:401-408.
- Reynolds, B.C., J. Hamel, J. Isbanioly, L. Klausman, & K.K. Moorhead. . "From forest to fen: Microarthropod abundance and litter decomposition in a southern Appalachian floodplain/fen complex." PEDOBIOLOGIA 51:273-280.
- Moorhead, K.K., D.W. Bell, & R.N. Thorn. . "Floodplain hydrology after restoration of a southern Appalachian mountain stream." WETLANDS 28:632-639.
- Miller, J.W. Jr., L.B. Dlugolecki, & K.K. Moorhead. . "Path of the Nantahala River, Western North Carolina." SOUTHEASTERN GEOLOGY 46:37-42.
- Rossell, I.M., K.K. Moorhead, H. Alvarado, & R.J. Warren, II. . "Natural succession of plants in a southern Appalachian mountain wetland six years after restoration of hydrology and microtopography." RESTORATION ECOLOGY 17:205-214.
- Moorhead, K.K. . "A realistic role for reference in wetland restoration." ECOLOGICAL RESTORATION 31:347-352.
- Babuin, J.L., J.W. Miller, K.K. Moorhead, & J.R. Craig. . "Corrosion mineralogy of common bird hot types in North Carolina Environments." CANADIAN MINEALOGIST 52:487-500.
- Moorhead, K.K. . "A pedogenic view of ecosystem restoration." ECOLOGICAL RESTORATION 33:341-351.