- 118 Zageir Hall
- Monday 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Tuesday 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Wednesday 9:00 am - 10:00 am
- Note: Or by appointment
Associate Professor Karen Cole joined the UNC Asheville faculty in 1995. She coordinates and teaches in the Special Education Licensure Program. She also teaches courses at all levels of the Elementary Education Licensure Program. She is particularly interested in elementary literacy and in helping novice teachers manage their classrooms and work effectively with parents.
- Ph.D.: University of Alabama
(Curriculum and Instruction: Elementary Education, Special Education, and Reading)
- M.A.: University of Southern Mississippi
(Special Education: Mild Learning and Behavior Disorders)
- B.S.: Mississippi State University
- EDUC 210: Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century
- EDUC 325: The Resourceful Teacher
- EDUC 379: Teaching, Serving, and Learning in Elementary Classrooms
- EDUC 388: Reading and Literacy Methods
- EDUC 455: Student Teaching Supervision and Seminar
Charles, C.M. & Cole, K. M. (2019). Building classroom management: Methods and models (12e). New York: Pearson.
Cole, K.M. & Mahlin, M.L. (2017). Student hacks: Tips for finding your way in college. Dubuque, IA: Kendall-Hunt.