- 155 Rhoades/Robinson Hall
- Monday 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Tuesday 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Dr. Gillette teaches stream ecology, wildlife ecology, fish ecology, and introduction to environmental science. His research areas include the influence of riparian landscapes on stream ecosystems, effects of dams on stream fishes and invertebrates, and patterns of temporal change in fish species composition of rivers and streams.
- B.S. Bates College
- M.S. Emporia State University
- Ph.D. University of Oklahoma
- ENVR 130 Intro to Environmental Science
- ENVR 330 Seminar on Environmental Issues
- ENVR 343 Stream Ecology
- ENVR 373 Fish Ecology
- ENVR 373 Survey of Research Methods in Environmental Science
- ENVR 390 Wildlife Ecology and Management
- ENVR 490 Internship
- Gillette, D.P., D.R. Edds, B.R. Jha and B. Mishra. . "Thirty years of environmental change reduces local, but not regional, diversity of riverine fish assemblages in a Himalayan biodiversity hotspot." BIOLOGICAL CONSERVATION. DOI:10.1016/j.biocon.2021.
- Davis, J.L.*, D.P. Gillette, C.R. Rossell, Jr. and M. LaVoie. 2020. Movement of Translocated Adult Sicklefin Redhorse (Moxostoma sp.) in the Oconaluftee River, North Carolina: Implications for Species Restoration. Southeastern Fishes Council Proceedings 1(59):23-34.
- Gillette, D.P., K. Daniel* and C. Waggoner*. . "Fish and benthic macroinvertebrate assemblage resonse to removal of a partially-breached lowhead dam in a southern Appalachian river." RIVER RESEARCH AND APPLICATIONS. DOI: 10.1002/rra.3017.
- Rossell, C.R., Jr., P. McNeil, D. Gillette, L.A. Williams, S.C. Patch, & A. Krebs. . "Attributes of shelters selected by Eastern Hellbenders in the French Broad River basin of North Carolina." JOURNAL OF HERPETOLOGY. 47:66-70.
- Gillette, D.P., A.M. Fortner, N.R. Franssen, S. Cartwright, C.M. Franssen, J. Wesner, P.C. Reneau, F.H. Reneau, I.B. Schlupp, E.C. Marsh-Matthews, W.J. Matthews, & C.W. Lee. . "Patterns of change over time in darter [Teleostei: Percidae] assemblages of the Arkansas River basin, northeastern Oklahoma, USA." ECOGRAPHY 35:855-864.
- Gillette, D.P. . "Effects of variation among riffles on prey use and feeding selectivity of the benthic insectivore Etheostoma spectabile." AMERICAN MIDLAND NATURALIST 168:184-201.
- Gillette, D.P. . "Effects of terrestrial invertebrate reduction on three stream fishes in experimental streams. FRESHWATER SCIENCE [formerly JOURNAL OF THE NORTH AMERICAN BENTHOLOGICAL SOCIETY] 31:835-847.