The Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) serves as a leader in advancing UNC Asheville’s core value of diversity and inclusion. With a strategic focus on campus culture and leadership development, OMA provides institutional support, organizational advising, engagement opportunities, and educational initiatives aimed at supporting the University’s liberal arts and sciences focus and advancing student success.
We envision an interconnected community of partners where all feel valued and empowered to contribute.
Our programming includes:
- Sankofa Living Learning Community, offering first-year students of color the opportunity to engage, explore, and foster diversity, equity and inclusion in their new UNC Asheville home
- LEGACY Mentorship Program, providing a support network to woman-identified students of color at UNC Asheville
- Sexuality and Gender Education (SAGE) Program
- Social Justice Coffee Hour
- Celebratory graduation ceremonies, including Donning of the Stoles for students from diverse cultural communities, and Lavender Graduation for LGBTQIA students and allies
Learn more at multiculturalaffairs.unca.edu