South Ridge and West Ridge are situated in a wooded area near the Botanical Gardens at Asheville. South Ridge houses 112 students and West Ridge houses 148 students in double rooms. Both halls are identical and face a landscaped courtyard. South Ridge is our Substance-Free Wellness Community Residence Hall.
Two rooms (four people) share an adjoining bathroom. The university provides beige blinds in each room. If you wish to put up curtains, you must use a spring rod. We suggest you wait until you arrive to make any large purchases of decorating items. No nails or tacks will be allowed in the walls or ceilings. Poster tape is permissible.
- One microwave-refrigerator per room
- Carpeted rooms
- Laundry room
- Community kitchen
- TV lounge
- Vending area
- Several study lounges
- High-speed Internet – one port per student and wireless hot spots
- Free expanded basic cable service
- Parking deck
- Double Room: 13′ x 15’
- Double Window: 6′ x 5′
- Single Window: 4′ x 5′
Approximate Furniture Dimensions:
- Dresser: Height – 30″; Width – 30″; Depth – 24″
- Desk: Height – 30″; Width – 32″; Depth – 24″
- Bed: Height (lofted) – 5′ from bottom of mattress to floor (can be lowered); Mattress length – 7′; Mattress width – 3′
The closets in South Ridge and West Ridge Halls are 5.5′ high and 40″ wide, with a rod for hanging clothes, and a shelf with 29″ of space for storage above the hanging rod.