UNCA Now is your centralized home for student events at UNC Asheville. Whether you want to join a student club or organization, or find a fun event to attend, UNCA Now is the one place to get involved and connected outside of the classroom.
The UNCA Now app is free and available for download in the Apple Store and Google Play Store. You can also access UNCA Now online.
UNC Asheville students who attend campus-sponsored events can earn NowPoints and win prizes. Spearheaded by Highsmith Student Union, this program is inclusive of all campus-wide events and is centrally channeled through the UNCA Now mobile app. The program is free and open to all currently registered UNC Asheville students.
How to Play
- Open the UNCA Now app to check the latest student events on campus.
- Go to the event and have your OneCard scanned to earn NowPoints.
- Go to the NowPoints Auction on December 1 and bid on the prizes you want! The more events you attend throughout the semester, the more NowPoints you have to cash in on big prizes!
Where to Find NowPoints Events
- On the UNCA Now App, click an event you’re interested in to find the point value.
- Follow @HighsmithUnion on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest on upcoming events and point promotions!
NowPoints Rules and Regulations
- Eligibility Requirements: You must be a currently enrolled student to earn NowPoints and participate in the NowPoints Auction on December 1.
- Qualifying events must be free and open to all UNC Asheville students.
- Members of the sponsoring organization(s) are not eligible to receive NowPoints for their event.
- Points values are determined based on event type. Double or triple NowPoints promotions are available for limited times only.
- If an event is cancelled, no points will be earned.
How to Submit a NowPoints Event
- To qualify for NowPoints, the event must meet all the following requirements:
- Sponsored by a recognized student organization or university department
- Must be free of charge for UNC Asheville students
- Must be open to all UNC Asheville students
- Student organization events will automatically become NowPoints events through the Student Organization Program Proposal Form.
- University departments seeking NowPoints approval should submit the NowPoints Request Form available on the Highsmith Student Union website.
- Student organizations and university departments will receive an approval message that will include the assigned point value.
- University departments will be required to use the NowPoints brand assets for publicity and promotional purposes.
A co-curricular transcript (CCT) is a custom, self-reported, university-verified document that outlines your involvement in activities out of the classroom during your time at UNC Asheville. A CCT can include:
- Student organization experience
- Leadership activities
- Internships & jobs
- Honors & awards
…and much more!
Why do you need one? A CCT:
- Supplements your academic transcript and resume
- Supports scholarship and award applications
- Strengthens your profile as a liberal arts graduate
The CCT will be launched in UNCA Now soon. Stay tunes for more information on how to start building your transcript!