Students, Faculty and Staff
UNC Asheville students, faculty and staff are allowed access to all facilities and programs upon showing a valid OneCard to campus recreation staff. Individuals without a OneCard will not be allowed access to the facilities or permitted to participate in programs. Students are strongly encouraged to carry OneCard identification with them at all times on campus.
As a UNC Asheville Alum, you along with your spouse or partner, can purchase a recreational pass to use the Student Recreation Center and Sherrill Center. With your pass, you have access to the fitness room, indoor track, pool and group exercise classes. Alumni membership includes a parking pass.
To purchase a Recreation Pass, call the UNC Asheville Alumni Office at 828.251.6512 or visit 118 WT Weaver Blvd. Please note: Campus Recreation defines Alumni as an individual that graduated with a degree from UNC Asheville.
- $150 for 6 months
- $300 for 12 months
- $150 for 6 months (Spouse or same sex partner)
- $300 for 12 months (Spouse or same sex partner)
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) members are welcome to purchase a 12-month recreation pass for $350 as long as they are enrolled in OLLI for-fee classes. Spouses and/or dependents of OLLI members are not eligible to purchase a recreation pass. Passes must be purchased through OLLI:
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
Reuter Center, CPO # 5000
One University Heights
Asheville NC 28804-851
UNC Asheville Campus Recreation invites all UNC Asheville students, faculty, and staff, to purchase recreation passes for spouses and partners, provided the sponsoring individual’s membership is current and valid. To purchase a pass for a spouse or partner, proof of residency is required. Spouses/Partners must show a valid pass in order to access facilities and programs. Without a valid ID, access will be denied.
- Students: $50 for 12 months
- Faculty & Staff: $50 for 6 months or $100 for 12 months
UNC Asheville students, faculty, and staff are eligible to purchase recreation passes for dependents (children aged 1-25), provided the sponsoring individual’s membership is current and valid. Dependents must show a valid pass in order to access facilities and programs. Without a valid ID, access will be denied. The contact and pricing listed above is also valid to purchase recreation passes for dependents.
- All dependents will need to get a OneCard, which will involve an additional step at the university, so please plan accordingly.
- Children under the age of 16 must be supervised by adults at all times.
- Parents must be present with children to purchase a pass.
- Children under the age of 16 are prohibited from the Fitness Room and group fitness classes at all times.
- Infants and toddlers must wear appropriate attire and diapers at all times.
- Pool use requires the use of approved swimming diapers.
- No children younger than 4 years old are permitted in the pool.
- If child is wearing a floatation device, it must be U.S. Coast Guard Approved and must have a parent/guardian within arm’s reach in the pool.
- Children ages 4-15 must pass swim test to swim without parent/guardian in the pool.
- Must be 16 years to be unsupervised in pool.
- Dependents are not eligible to purchase guest passes or day passes.
- Recreation passes require an annual renewal in order to continue accessing programs and facilities.
Students, faculty, staff, alumni and OLLI members who forget their OneCards should make every effort to retrieve their card. If unable, they are allowed three grace entries per semester. After three grace entries, participants will be required to purchase a day pass at $8 to enter the facility.
Students, faculty, staff, alumni, and OLLI members can purchase three guest passes per semester for visitors at $5 per pass. Guest passes are valid for one day.
Students can purchase a recreation pass for dependents, spouses and partners for an additional charge of $50 per year; faculty and staff may purchase recreation passes for $100 per year. Alumni and OLLI members are not eligible to purchase recreation passes. Proof of residency is required. Renewals are not automatic and passes expire one year from the date of purchase. Recreation, day and and guest passes must all be paid by cash or check at the Student Recreation Center customer service desk.
Campus Recreation enforces membership and access policies at all times. We reserve the right to discontinue services to individuals who are abusing the policies and/or are abusing the staff regardless of membership affiliation. Campus Recreation adheres to a strict no refund policy regardless of affiliation.