- Enrollment: More than 3,800 students from 37 states and 28 countries attend UNC Asheville.
- Fulbright Awards: There are 45 students and alumni who have been awarded the prestigious Fulbright Scholarships.
- Undergraduate Research: More than 60 percent of students complete original research in their field of study through the university’s nationally recognized Undergraduate Research Program. UNC Asheville founded the National Conference on
- Undergraduate Research 30 years ago.
- Financial Aid: More than 68 percent of students receive financial aid, with more than 70 percent of financial need met for an average recipient.
- Student Groups: More than 60 clubs and organizations, ranging from honor societies to intramural sports.
Enriching Our Community
Your gifts help UNC Asheville engage with our community and contribute an estimated yearly economic impact of $268 million.
UNC Asheville serves as the academic, social, cultural and economic hub for a region inherently innovative and inspiring. Each year, the university hosts hundreds of academic lectures, symposiums, cultural programs and athletic events that bring students, faculty, staff and the community together. Our innovative centers, institutes and programs promote learning, understanding and well-being among people of all ages and backgrounds, while helping to protect and sustain our environment. The university fosters investment and engagement: between students, faculty and staff, community leaders, residents of our area, our region and the world.
UNC Asheville’s Economic Impact
- More than 6,000 alumni who call the Asheville area home increase total economic output in the area by $64.1 million annually.
- Visitors who travel from outside the Asheville area to attend a UNC Asheville event spend an estimated $4.5 million annually in the local economy.
- Approximately 3,700 undergraduate students generate a total economic output of more than $36.3 million annually, not including tuition and fees.
- Approximately 90% of The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) members have relocated to Asheville providing an estimated $7.6 million to the Asheville region.
- Total economic output increases by $153.5 million annually in the Asheville region as a result of spending by UNC Asheville.