October 24, 2020
Welcome to UNC Asheville’s virtual Discovery Day! We look forward to helping you learn about UNC Asheville’s academic programs, campus life, and the admission process as you have conversations with faculty, current students, and admission staff.
The Welcome, Housing Session, Virtual Campus Tour, Student Panel and Closing Remarks will be in a webinar format, and the Breakout Sessions and Academic Fairs will be in a meeting format. Links for each session will be added below soon.
You’re also welcome to “drop in” anytime throughout the day to ask our Admission Counselors questions – join here.
- 10:00-10:30 AM – Welcome
- 10:30-11:15 AM – Academic Fair (See meeting links below)
- 11:20-11:55 AM – Housing Information Session
- Noon-12:45 PM – Lunch / Virtual Campus Tour
- 12:55-1:00 PM – Breakout Session Instructions
- 1:00-1:30 PM – Breakout Session 1 (Attendee can choose 1 – click the meeting links to join)
- 1:35-2:05 PM – Breakout Session 2 (Attendee can choose 1 – click the meeting links to join)
- 2:10-2:45 PM – Student Panel
- 2:45 PM – Closing Remarks
The Academic Fair will be held from 10:30-11:15 AM. During that time, students and families are welcome to speak with faculty from our academic programs and departments. Feel free to “come and go” as you like!
- Africana Studies Program
- Art History
- Studio Art
- Atmospheric Science
- Computer Science
- Drama & Dance
- Environmental Studies
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Interdisciplinary & International Programs
- Languages and Literatures
- Management and Accountancy
- Mass Communication
- New Media
- Physics and Astronomy
- Political Science & Undergraduate Research Program
- Religious Studies
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies