The Great Smokies Writing Program welcomes writers of all levels to engage in a supportive learning community through 5-week, 10-week, and 15-week long courses. This spring, professional writers will lead university-level classes in poetry, memoir, fiction, character studies, and more. Courses will be taught in person and online and begin with a range of starting dates from late January to mid-March.
Participants can choose from the following offerings:
- Writing Out of Necessity with Tina Barr
- A Three Ring Circus: Expanding and Developing Your Poems with Tina Barr
- Memoir Builder with Tessa Fontaine
- Developing a Natural Style: Elizabeth Bishop Generative Poetry Workshop with Bruce Sprang
- Social Media for Authors with Alli Marshall
- Character Study: Writing Compelling Characters with the Enneagram with Ali McGhee
- Writers’ Room for Novelists with Jacqui Castle
- Mastering Techniques of Memoir & Personal Essay with Sebastian Matthews
- Fiction Master Class with Cynn Chadwick
Registration is now open, with course descriptions, instructor bios, cost information, and more available at greatsmokies.unca.edu.