- This event has passed.
Pints with Professors – Ashley Moraguez and Anne Jansen
March 16, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Ashley Moraguez, UNC Asheville assistant professor of political science, and Anne Jansen, UNC Asheville assistant professor of English and director of the University’s U.S. Ethnic Studies Program, will be the presenters at the next Pints with Professors gathering, from 5-7 p.m. on Monday, March 16, at Archetype Brewing, 174 Broadway St., Asheville. Admission is free; food and beverages are not.
A Look at the 2020 U.S. Census with Ashley Moraguez
- How does the census affect our everyday lives? What is (and is not) being done to get an accurate count here in Buncombe County and beyond? Moraguez will discuss everything from our representation in Congress to our healthcare, and the politics around this constitutional mandate.
Reading Creative Nonfiction with Anne Jansen
- Jansen will read her creative nonfiction, which uses her own life experiences as a springboard for considering how we think and talk about race in the U.S. today.
Upcoming Events in the Pints with Professors Series
- April 6: Allison Weems, UNC Asheville adjunct instructor of French discusses Asheville Sister City exchanges with Saumur, France; and Jennifer McGaha, lecturer in English, will read her prose.
- May 7: Megan Powell, UNC Asheville assistant professor of mathematics, will look at fairness aspects of NFL overtime models; and Andy Jurik, adjunct lecturer in music, will discuss the guitar’s history, and play new arrangements of works of different genres.
- May 18: Amanda Wray, UNC Asheville associate professor of English, and Gene Hyde, university archivist, will discuss gathering oral histories for the the LGBTQIA+ Archive of Western North Carolina; and Lori Horvitz, chair and professor of English, will read her prose.
- March 16, 2020
- 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Amanda Wray
- Archetype Brewing
174 Broadway St.,
Asheville,+ Google Map