- This event has passed.
Philosophy in Contemporary Times Series
March 5 - April 29
The Philosophy Department will host a series of Zoom events focusing on the use of philosophical skills for tackling contemporary issues. The events are listed below:
• Jeremias Zunguze, UNCA, “Coping with Epistemic Trauma” | Friday, March 5, 3:30 p.m.
• Melissa Burchard, UNCA, “Ethics in Hard Times: Why do (other) people make bad decisions?” | Friday, March 19, 3:30 p.m.
• Carlos Sanchez, San José State University, title TBA | Thursday, April 1, 12 p.m.
• Panel with Lisa Kretz, University of Evansville and Keya Maitra, UNCA, titles TBA | Friday, April 2, 3:30 p.m.
• “Trauma in Pandemic Times”, a research presentation by UNCA students in Phil 352, Theorizing Trauma | Thursday, April 29, 11:30 a.m.
The events will be free and open to the public. Click here to tune in.