- This event has passed.
Leadership Asheville Winter Buzz Breakfast: Climate Resilience
January 28, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am
Leadership Asheville, a program of UNC Asheville, will host its 2020 Winter Buzz Breakfast series with the theme, “How Resilient Are We as a Community?” The breakfasts on Jan. 28, Feb.18 and March 25 at the Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville are open to the public and provide a chance to network with a broad array of community leaders, including Leadership Asheville alumni, and hear thoughtful panel discussions. The moderator will be Jim Fox, director of UNC Asheville’s National Environmental Modeling and Analysis Center (NEMAC).
The breakfasts will begin at 8 a.m. and the programs begin at 8:30 a.m. in the Expo Center of the Crowne Plaza, 1 Resort Dr., Asheville. Tickets are $25; $60 for the series, available online only. Tickets are $15 for students.
Events in the Winter Buzz Breakfast Series
Tuesday, Jan. 28 – Climate Resilience
- Deke Arndt – Chief, Climate Monitoring Branch, NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information
- Jeremiah LeRoy – Sustainability Officer Buncombe County
- Amber Weaver – Sustainability Officer, City of Asheville
Tuesday, Feb. 18 – Social Resilience
- Quentin Miller – Sheriff, Buncombe County
- Jan Sheppard – Director, Buncombe County Health and Human Services
- Brian Myers – Chief Strategy Officer, Dogwood Health Trust
Wednesday, March 25 – Economic Resilience
- Cathy Ball – Assistant City Manager, City of Asheville
- Scott Dedman – Executive Director, Mountain Housing Opportunities (MHO)
- David Nash – Executive Director, Asheville Housing Authority
- Crystal Reid – Chair, Resident Advisory Committee
Presenting sponsor for the Leadership Asheville Buzz Breakfast series is The Van Winkle Law Firm.
Leadership Asheville, a program of UNC Asheville, engages participants in collaborative community leadership projects, providing personal leadership development and community education and orientation. Many of Asheville’s civic and business leaders are Leadership Asheville alumni. Leadership Asheville’s 38th annual program will celebrate its new graduates in May.
For Buzz Breakfast details and more information about Leadership Asheville, visit leadershipasheville.unca.edu.