The UNC Asheville Sophomore On-Campus Internship Program provides funding for sophomore students to pursue a project-based experience related to their targeted areas of career exploration while enrolled in a reflection-based course. This experience is intended to be a first step before pursuing an off-campus internship.
- Sophomore standing
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- Address how the internship aligns with current career goals in their application cover letter
- Complete a minimum of 105 hours of internship experience, including the completion of at least one project deliverable with the guidance of their internship supervisor
- Must enroll in IST 325, a 3 credit hour interdisciplinary internship course, during the spring semester
- Must complete a pre- and post-self evaluation
- Must create and submit a video demonstrating their learning and reflection at the end of the internship experience