Group tours are held Monday through Friday, and they are based on the availability of our University Ambassadors. They allow large groups of students of all ages (typically 10 or more) to see the beautiful UNC Asheville campus. Group tours are a great way to encourage students to seek out learning and higher level education. Please plan on at least two hours for both the information session and the tour. If you’re only bringing one student or one family, please see Daily Tours.
A few notes regarding group tours:
- Group tours are contingent on Student Ambassador availability.
- Group tours fill up quickly during the school year, so it is important that you schedule as early as possible. Please allow at least 2-3 weeks notice to plan your group tour, and if you must make any changes, please notify us as soon as possible. In addition, if you have a group larger than 50, the best days and times will be Tuesdays and Thursdays at Noon, as that is during the University’s free period, so there will be the maximum number of Student Ambassadors available for the tour.
- Student to chaperone ratio should be no more than 15:1, and your group must have a chaperone with them at all times.
- Groups traveling to campus should plan to arrive 10-15 minutes prior to their scheduled tour/presentation time. Current students guide our campus tours and are usually available only during the arranged tour time. A late arrival will make it difficult to participate in the tour and may result in the cancellation of the tour and/or other previously arranged activities.
- If you are interested in having lunch on campus, you must contact Chartwell’s Dining Services prior to your visit for availability, prices and payment information at 828.251.6183.
- Middle school groups – For a more in depth experience, please consider taking part in UNC Asheville’s Junior Bulldog Program, offered through the Office of Pre-College Outreach. Priority is given to federal GEAR UP grant partnership schools, as well as local schools. This popular program tends to fill up a year in advance, so please book early.
Spring 2020 Group Tours
Group tours will be available Tuesday, January 21 through Tuesday, April 28. They will not be held on the following dates:
- Monday, January 20 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)
- Monday, March 9 – Friday, March 13 (UNC Asheville Spring Break)
- Friday, March 27 (Admitted Students Day)
- Monday, April 6 – Friday, April 10 (Regional High School Spring Break Week)
- Monday, April 13 – Friday, April 17 (Regional High School Spring Break Week)
- Friday, April 17 (Admitted Students Day)
- Tuesday, April 21 (Undergraduate Research Symposium Day)