November 10, 2018
Discovery Day: The UNC Asheville Open House gives students and families a chance to see what makes the UNC Asheville experience unique. Through distinctive Academic and Student Life Showcases, students can meet one-on-one with faculty, learn about life inside and outside the classroom, tour campus, and get to know Asheville, one of the coolest cities in the Southeast.
Download the UNC Asheville Discovery Day app to find schedules, maps, and other important information about our campus.
Registration for Discovery Day is now closed, but walk-ins are welcome to join us!
- 9-10:30 a.m. – Welcome
- 10:30-11 a.m. – Break/Travel Time
- 11-11:45 a.m. – Discovery Day Triangle 1
- Schedule A – Academic Showcase
- Schedule B – Campus Life Showcase
- Schedule C – Lunch
- 11:45-12 p.m. – Break/Travel Time
- 12-12:45 p.m. – Discovery Day Triangle 2
- Schedule A – Lunch
- Schedule B – Academic Showcase
- Schedule C – Campus Life
- 12:45-1 p.m. – Break/Travel Time
- 1-1:45 p.m. Discovery Day Triangle 3
- Schedule A – Campus Life Showcase
- Schedule B – Lunch
- Schedule C – Academic Showcase
- 1:45-2 p.m. – Break/Travel Time
- 2-3:30 p.m. – Office Hours – Academic Departments and Student Affairs Departments
- 3:30-5 p.m. – Campus Tours
- Walking Tours of Campus
- Residence Hall Tours
A catered BBQ lunch will be served during the day’s activities. The cost of lunch will be $10 per person, and lunch tickets can be purchased at check-in.