The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted all aspects of our lives, and we look forward to accommodating visiting students as they continue to make progress in their programs of study during this difficult time.
Whether you’re from Western North Carolina and looking to take classes closer to home, or you want to explore transferrable courses that may not be available through your home university, UNC Asheville welcomes visiting students from in-state and out-of-state institutions.
As North Carolina’s designated public liberal arts and sciences university and a leader in undergraduate research, UNC Asheville’s small class sizes and flexible curriculum give visiting students the opportunity to work directly with expert faculty (no teaching assistants) while finishing their degrees faster and expanding their academic experiences.
Visiting students must:
- Apply to be a visiting student and submit a $35 non-refundable application fee
- Be in good academic standing (2.0 on all previous credits) and acquire a signed statement (on application) from the appropriate official at their home institution
- File a transcript request to have records forwarded to their sponsoring institution upon completion of classes
- Summer: February 1 – May 31
- Fall: February 1 – August 1
- Spring: September 1 – January 1
Student Services Specialist Karen Braswell is happy to assist visiting students with any questions. Please contact her at email@example.com or 828.251.6439.