In addition to conducting their own original research, students can also help shape the Undergraduate Research Program by joining the Undergraduate Research Program Advisory Council (URPAC). URPAC is needed to provide consistent faculty, student and staff input into the Undergraduate Research Program.
- Offer direction for the program.
- Establish policies and guidelines for grants and activities.
- Evaluate grant proposals from students
- Regular semester grants
- Summer grants
- NCUR grants
- BigSURS grants
- SNCURCS grants
- Research in the Capital grants
- Travel grants
- Approve recognition of students as University Research Scholars or as Departmental Research Scholars
- Seek ways of enhancing the program through increasing financial resources and addressing ways for the program to be recognized on and off campus.
- Assist in planning, reviewing and critiquing the ongoing activities
- Fall symposium
- Spring symposium
- UNC Asheville Undergraduate Research Journal.
- Director of Honors Program, ex officio
- Editor of the NCUR (National Conference on Undergraduate Research) Proceedings, ex officio
- Director of Undergraduate Research Program, ex officio
- Associate Director of Undergraduate Research Program, ex officio
- University Program Associate of Undergraduate Research Program, ex officio
- 3 faculty members (one from each major academic area, appointed by FWDC)
- 1 member of the library staff who holds a teaching position (appointed by FWDC)
- 4 students (appointed by Director of URPAC in consultation with the Director of the Honors Program.)
Faculty and library staff members will serve two-year staggered terms, renewable for two additional terms. Students will serve one-year terms, renewable for one year.
Recommendations to: Director of Undergraduate Research
Reports to: VCAA or his/her designee