A student’s academic transcript includes all course work, undergraduate and/or graduate, taken while enrolled at UNC Asheville at the time it is issued.
Currently enrolled students may request a transcript online through OnePort. Select the Request Official Transcript link under the Student Records section in the left-hand column when you log in and follow the instructions. If a student is in their first semester at UNC Asheville, they must wait until they have completed their first semester and the grades in their courses have been posted before a transcript can be sent.
Beginning on the last day of class at the end of the semester, transcript requests for currently enrolled students will not be processed until grades for all students have been submitted and the academic records are finalized.
Former Students and Alumni
The National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) provides online ordering service for UNC Asheville students (current and former) and alumni 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There is a small order processing charge, per recipient, assessed by the NSC for this service. To order an official transcript, visit the National Student Clearinghouse secure site.
Transcripts cannot be released to any student who has a financial obligation to the university or any other transcript hold on their account. Students must clear transcript holds for financial obligations with the Student Accounts Office before a transcript request can be processed. To view holds, students should log into their OnePort account.
- Processing time for transcripts is 5-7 business days from the point the request is received. The Office of the Registrar only processes official transcript requests.
- Transcripts cannot be faxed. When ordering, students may request that they be mailed or held for pickup in the Office of the Registrar.
- Students must present a picture ID in order to pick up a transcript.
- Transcripts cannot be released to a third party without the prior written consent of the student.
- Extra time should be allotted when picking up a transcript. Transcripts scheduled for pick up will not be printed until the student arrives in the office. This is in an effort to reduce costs due to the amount of transcripts ordered but never picked up.
- Transcripts cannot be released to a third party without the students prior written consent.
- UNC Asheville does not fax transcripts.
- Transcripts not picked up within 30 days of the request will be shredded.
- There is no charge by UNC Asheville for transcripts.
For questions, contact the Registrar’s Office at 828.350.4500 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.