Disability-related Academic Resources
- BryteWave – avaliable at the UNC Asheville Bookstore
- Citation Machine
- Grammar Slammer
- Microsoft Free eBooks
- The Online Books Page
- The Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- Study Skills
- The University of California-texts online
- Webster’s Guide to Grammar Writing
- AHEAD (Association on Higher Education and Disability)
- Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder (CHADD)
- Dyslexia Help – A guide to help individuals with dyslexia, as well as parents, employers, and professionals of all kinds who have the privilege to work with dyslexics gain new understandings about dyslexia and language disability.
- Mobility International, USA – Empowering people with disabilities around the world by ensuring their inclusion in international exchange and international development programs.
- North Carolina Assistive Technology Program – The North Carolina Assistive Technology is a state and federally funded program that provides services to people of all ages and abilities to promote awareness of various types of assistive technology.
- Office for Civil Rights – A division of the US Department of Education
- Relay North Carolina
- Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Universal Design in Higher Education: Promising Practices – Promising practices and practical applications for faculty and institutions of higher education
Disability as Diversity Week
Each year, UNC Asheville celebrates Disability as Diversity Week with events and programs designed to raise awareness of disability-related issues, rights and experience and promote disability as an identity of diversity. Upcoming Disability is Diversity Week events will be added to UNC Asheville’s events calendar.