Logging Into Your CMS
To login to your CMS, type the following URL into your web browser: http://your-site-name.unca.edu/user. This will take you to the login screen, where you can enter your UNCA username and password.
Note: If this is your first time logging in, and you're not the site's Administrator, you must contact your site's Administrator to grant for editing rights. Once that's done, refresh your browser.
After logging in and being set up as a user, you will see a black menu at the top of your browser window. This is the Administration Menu.
From here, you can start managing your site. You can create new content, manage your site's navigation menus, and set up new blocks of information. Site adminsitrators can also set up new users, and change how the modules on their site are configured.
Anonymous User: Anyone not logged in
Authenticated User: Anyone logged in
Content Manager: Can create, edit, delete, and approve content
Administrator: Can manage content and assign roles to other users
Your Drupal Instance
- All sites use the same code, making it easy for us to keep up-to-date and secure
- Each site has its own hostname (ie, yoursite.unca.edu) and its own database, keeping your content separate from other departments
- Once you're ready to go live, we'll redirect www.unca.edu/YourOldSite to YourNewSite.unca.edu
- Your site will have the same top banner, search box, and navigation, as well as the same footer as the core homepage. You can build your own navigation menu to the right, and create your own content in the central area.
- Visit yoursite.unca.edu/user
- Login with your UNC Asheville Security Account
- Your site Administrator must give you permission to edit/update the pages
Content can be Published (viewable by the outside world) or Unpublished (viewable only to logged-in users)