- Why am I listed in the online directory?
- How can I opt-out of being listed in the directory?
- Is this new? Has my information always been available?
- What is "directory information"?
All UNC Asheville students, faculty, and staff members are listed in the online directory. We provide this information to help our community more easily communicate with one another.
Complete the Release of Non-Directory Information (FERPA Release Form) form on the Registrar's website, or pick up and complete the form in the OneStop office.
UNC Asheville has provided this directory information online since 2004. No changes to the type or amount of information available have been made since then.
UNC Asheville defines directory information according to the guidelines detailed in FERPA. Bolded items can be found in the online directory:
- student’s name
- mailing address
- telephone number
- major field of study
- date and place of birth
- entrance status
- participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- weight and height of members of athletic teams
- dates of attendance
- degrees and awards received (including Dean’s List, Chancellor’s List and scholarships)
- most recent educational agency previously attended by the student