Student Caller Information
The Telephone Outreach Program serves to facilitate and maintain positive relationships between the University and its supporters. We communicate with alumni, parents, and friends of the University the importance of their contributions and our appreciation for their support.
- Raise $100,000 in gifts and pledges from alumni, parents, and friends
- Increase alumni participation in giving
- Obtain accurate information on all prospects. This includes phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, employment information, spouse and family information, etc.
Telephone Outreach Program (TOP) Callers at the UNC Asheville serve a vital role: They raise financial support for the Chancellor’s Excellence Fund, which in turn provides the University with essential help to address its most important priorities such as tuition relief for students and meeting extraordinary daily operating costs.
It is the TOP callers’ responsibilities to facilitate and maintain positive relationships between the University and its financial supporters (alumni, friends, and parents) and to communicate to them the importance of staying connected to the University. It is the intention of TOP to not only raise support and awareness for the University of North Carolina at Asheville, but to allow each caller to learn valuable communication skills, understand the importance of supporting charitable causes, and to facilitate student interaction with alumni, parents, and friends. Callers are essential to the success of the overall development process. This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity.
Employment Eligibility Requirements from the Student Employee Handbook:
- Be admitted to a University of North Carolina at Asheville degree program
- Be eligible to work for the University of North Carolina at Asheville
- Be eligible to work in the United States and provide documentation to that effect
- Your eligibility to work on campus has been cleared through the Financial Aid Office
Salary and Hours
There are five(5) calling shifts per week during the school year – Sunday – Thursday, 6 – 9 p.m. with the exception of holidays, school closures, and exam week.
The Telephone Outreach Program pays starting callers $8.50/hour.
How do I apply?
Fill out an employment application online. Then, bring your application by Owen Hall 308 or submit it online at firstname.lastname@example.org.