Donor Bill of Rights
As a donor to UNC Asheville Foundation, Inc., you have the right to:
- Be informed of the UNC Asheville Foundation mission, of the way the University intends to use donated resources, and of the capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purpose.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the UNC Asheville Board of Trustees and the UNC Asheville Foundation, Inc. Board of Directors and to expect the boards to exercise prudent judgment in stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the University’s and the Foundation’s most recent financial statements.
- Be assured that your gifts will be used for the purposes for which you have given them.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the University will be professional in nature.
- Be informed whether those seeking support are volunteers or employees of the Foundation or hired solicitors.
- Feel free to ask questions when making a gift and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.