- Does my UNC Asheville student have to purchase a registration?
- Who must purchase a registration?
- What does the $35 fee cover?
- Can I receive a refund for registration after September 15?
- Can I stay on campus with my student?
- Can a sibling stay on campus with my student?
- Where can I find accommodations that offer special discounts to UNC Asheville Family and Friends?
Itinerary and Events
- How long will the check-in process take?
- I forgot to register, or have not yet paid for my registration. Can I still participate?
- What is the itinerary for Family Weekend?
- How will I be admitted to the picnic on Saturday?
UNC Asheville students do not need to purchase a registration. UNC Asheville students are invited to attend the events during Family Weekend at no charge. UNC Asheville students can join their families at the picnic on Saturday by swiping their OneCard.
Any person (other than your UNC Asheville student) planning to participate in Family Weekend activities must purchase a registration. There is no pro-rated registration fee offered for those not planning to attend all events.
The $35 fee covers all materials during the weekend, as well as the reception with the Chancellor and the picnic on Saturday. The fee covers the Back to Class sessions, the events throughout the day, and the evening programming.
The registration fee is non-refundable after September 15.
At this time, UNC Asheville does not offer overnight housing to family members.
One sibling may stay with your student on campus. When registering for Family Weekend, please indicate this preference in the questionnaire. The sibling will need to register with Housing, who will be present at check-in on Friday, September 20.
Friends and family of UNC Asheville are encourage to utilize our Preferred Accommodations. Please mention UNC Asheville when completing your room reservation.
Itinerary and Events
Please plan on spending 10 - 15 minutes at check-in. The process could take longer if you wish to purchase Asheville White Trolley tickets and if you plan on registering for specific events during the weekend.
You are welcome to attend Family Weekend on a walk-in basis. Because there is no existing registration for you, your materials will be general, rather than family-specific, and you will not receive informational e-mails. All of the information in the e-mails is available on this website. Please have a look around and if you have any specific questions, please email us at email@example.com.
The itinerary for Family Weekend is currently being finalized, but a tentative itinerary is available online.
The name badge you receive at check-in will serve as your admission to the picnic on Saturday. Please make sure to bring your Family Weekend name badge with you to the picnic.