Transfer applications are reviewed based on high school and college records. No minimum GPA guarantees admission. A strong performance in a challenging college curriculum is preferred.
For consideration, a student must possess a minimum GPA of 2.5 on all college course work and be eligible to return to the last school attended. All students under the age of 24 must satisfy Minimum Course Requirements as set by the University of North Carolina system:
- High school diploma from a regionally accredited secondary school
- Four units of college preparatory English
- Four units of mathematics including Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II and a class beyond Algebra II
- Three units of science including one unit of biological science, one unit of physical science and one laboratory course
- Two units of a foreign language (recommended one unit taken in the 12th grade)
A student deficient in one or more of these courses must earn an AA, AS or AFA before becoming eligible for admission consideration or complete 30 hours of transferable college course work:
- 6 credit hours of English
- 6 credit hours of science
- 6 credit hours of math
- 6 credit hours of social science
- 6 credit hours of the same foreign language
All applicants for admission as transfer students must submit the following prior to the appropriate deadline:
- Official college transcripts from ALL institutions attended, including those attended on a correspondence or extension basis. Contact the Registrar at each institution you have attended and request that an official transcript be sent directly to the UNC Asheville Office of Admissions.
- Transfer Student Academic and Disciplinary Form – To be completed by a school official at the last school attended.
- One official high school transcript unless you have earned an A.A., A.S. or A.F.A. degree, or are 24 years of age or older at the time of application.
- Essay (See topic and instructions on application)
- Additional information (i.e. SAT/ACT scores) may be requested upon initial review of application.
Spring 2013 Deadline: Rolling
Notification Date: Rolling
Fall 2013 Deadline: April 15, 2013
Notification Date: Rolling
Please click here for important forms.
Deposit Date: June 15, 2013
Click here for information on tuition and fees.
Check our Guide for Transfer Students for information designed to help you evaluate and understand the process of transferring course credit from your previous college to UNC Asheville.
If you have any other transfer related questions that are not answered on this page, please contact the Admissions Office at 800.531.9842.
INTERESTED IN ATTENDING UNC ASHEVILLE?